Friday, June 20, 2008

The Wilderness

I've come down from a mountain high into the chaos of real life. Conferences and retreats always do that to me. I get so pumped up being around other women with similar passions and struggles and I wish I could stay in that place forever.

But the dishes and laundry call. And the kids tug or climb up my leg for attention. And hungry stomachs growl while I type away at writing projects, VBS work, Children's Ministry vision and planning and entertaining company.

I've been a little overwhelmed over the past few weeks. I went from a quiet stay at home mom lifestyle to a crazy busy summer mom. I love every single thing I'm doing, but One thing has not remained at top priority. And that's got to change.

So, I'm off to the wilderness to soak up God's presence, unhindered by any plugs, paper or telephones. I'll be hiking, fishing, and resting in the splendor of GOd's creation. And, as a major bonus, I'll get to spend uninterupted time with my lifetime lover.

It's been ten years since we began this journey and I'm more in love with him today than I ever was (if that's possible). I can't wait to spend a whole week alone in his company. The kids will have a blast at Grandma's, of this I'm sure.

So, I'm off to breathe in the fresh air and I'll check back in with you in a week!

10 comments:

Becoming Me said...

Enjoy a beautiful week basking in His presence

a woman found said...

Awesome! "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Will bring her into the wilderness, And speak comfort to her." (Hosea 2:14)

A Stone Gatherer said...

Have a wonderful relaxing time! Time away with your sweety is so important in this parenting thing!

Susan said...

Wow, now this sounds just WONDERFUL Heather!

ENJOY♥

lori said...

Heather...enjoy every single second...just the way to reconnect and rejuvenate....
A blessing for you both!
hugs!
lori

jamie in rose cottage said...

Have a wonderful week! What a blessing to have that time away with your sweetie AND God!

breaths of the heart said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and have been blessed! Your writing style speaks to my heart, feeling as though I too have been on a retreat! Thank you for sharing!

The Olson's: said...

A week away ~ sounds wonderful! I hope you are enjoying your time!
~ Leanne

Staci said...

hey you, i totally hear ya, i know what that is like, its like comin back to reality...not always a walk on the beach huh? its been a while, thought i would check up on ya, hey check out my blog on "real raggin wednesdays" http://theloalbos.blogspot.com/2008/06/real-raggin-wed-first-rag.html

I thought of a way to try and help people "forgive" and it can be fun!!!
let me know what ya think?? see ya

Amy L Brooke said...

I hope it is totally great!