Skip to main content

Prayer for the Woman in Ministry

Dear Woman in Ministry,

 This prayer is for you. I’m praying for you today because I know how valuable you are to the kingdom of God and I know your tender heart for God’s purposes.

Lord, bless my sister with the peace that passes understanding. When things get busy and life is crazy with demands that seem unending, remind her to sit at your feet like a Mary (instead of a Martha; Luke 10:38-42). Give her the peace that passes understanding as she lays her burdens at your feet (Philippians 4:6-7). Remind her that Your burden is easy and Your yoke is light (Matthew 11:28-30) and gently guide her to the cross where she can unburden herself and trust in You.

Father of our hearts, give this woman grace. Grace to respond kindly to those who criticize or judge unfairly, because You know Lord that those people are hurting and need Your grace as much as the rest of us. Mostly, give her grace as she judges herself. Let her know the overflow of Your grace (2 Corinthians 9:8) when she makes mistakes and when she drops the ball, or gossips, or hurts someone’s feelings, or doesn’t communicate well. Pour out your grace on her and remind her that You don’t use perfect people; You use people who are broken and poured out for You.

Lord, guard her heart from the arrows of the evil one. May Your cloak of righteousness protect her from the temptations of the world: temptations to lose heart, to give up, to despair; or to find comfort in any place other than You. Guard her mind, Lord, from the thinking of this world and the lies of Satan (with the helmet of salvation). May she keep her mind focused on You and take every thought captive, committing her inner dialogues to You (2 Corinthians 10:5).

Shield her all about with the protection that comes from faith. Let her hope be in You, for You will not let her down. Oh Lord, please protect her marriage and make her home a refuge from the battles she fights for You. Guard her children and pour out Your blessings upon her home as she commits her life to You, Lord.

Give her a spirit of readiness, that she would be willing to serve You when You call. Oh Lord, give her wisdom to distinguish between what opportunities are from You and which are only going to be more BUSYness. Grant her compassion for the lost, the hurting, the helpless. Give her Your eyes and Your heart for the world that she might say, “Here I am Lord, send me ” (Isaiah 6:8).

Above all, Father, make her a woman of prayer, an intercessor for the people You love. May she battle for their hearts in prayer and be a warrior alongside You to see victory for Jesus. God, strengthen this woman You have chosen to serve You. Make her courageous and powerful for Your glory (Ephesians 6:10:18).

Dear Lord, use this woman to further Your kingdom, to glorify Your name and to spread the truth of the gospel far and wide. Lord, make her wholly YOURS, committed to Your purposes and completely sold out for You. May she fall deeply in love with Your Lord, that all her service to You becomes merely an act of pure love (2 Corinthians 5:14). Pour out Your love, Your grace, Your truth upon her: fill her with Your Spirit so that she lives only by Your Spirit and not in her own flesh (Galatians 5:16).

Fill her. Use her. Strengthen her. Empower her. Bless her. Protect her. Live in her and work through her.

By the power of the risen Lord, I pray. AMEN

P.S. Did you need me to pray anything else for you? ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? by Phillip Yancey

Shannon, at Rocks in my Dryer , is hosting a huge giveaway! Isn't that exciting! I love to give something meaningful to my friends - as I shop, I always look for just the right item that fits our relationship and the individual's personality. So, if you stop by this little blog of mine, I think you might like this gift I've picked out. This fall, I have been nourished by the wisdom of Phillip Yancey in his recent book on prayer. Our Bible study has plumbed the depths of prayer with Yancey's help in this amazing book. My personal prayer life has been challenged and I have probed the deeper questions surrounding prayer with a beloved mentor. I would love for you to enjoy this book too. I'll be giving the book away to one blessed commenter. So, leave a comment here and I'll be drawing a name next week to give away this treasure box full of well-mined jewels from God's Word and life's experiences. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered in the draw

Thankful Thursday

A few things that fill my heart with gratitude... *Bright explosions in the sky *Bug repellent *Calamine and band aids for when we forget about the bug repellent (and the polka dot girl I put to bed each night whose sensitive skin seems to attract the little suckers) *Days spent at the beach *Life jackets *Aloe, although it can't take away a lobster red sunburn, it does soothe *Photographs and memories *The public library. My family has been enjoying plenty of summer library programs. *Ok, I'm even thankful for cockroaches. The kids sure had fun playing with the huge ones the "Bug Guy" Brought in for the last program we attended. They even ate a few bugs. (I am NOT joking!) I, on the other hand, found it conveniently necessary to excuse myself to the restroom right around the time the roaches and tarantulas were being brought out. *I'm thankful for a new job...which will be starting soon (more on that later). *Green slime, explosions, goggles and lab coats...yes,

In REAL Life

This week, I've been thankful for some "real" life fun with people I love. Here's ONE: Yesterday morning, the kids started the day out with some Karaoke fun. The first song requested was "Shine" by the Newsboys and I smiled as the kids bounced around in the family room to this song. Our little guy then asked for his favorite: Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie. Don't ask me why. But hearing a three year old boy sing about big girls crying is just adorable. We progressed to "Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstill. I have no idea what she means (why not a black kitten and an apple tree?), but the kids love the "whoo-hoo" part and that's all that really matters. Whoo-hoo....whoo-hoo! And the last song, a favorite of all, "Mr. Roboto" by STYX. Oh yeah. We shine our light for Jesus in Robot style around our house. Three little robots marched around with jerky movements singing word-for-word the entire song. Here'