Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Live Dangerously

When the missionary guest speaker at church on Sunday called us to be fully engaged and to live dangerously, I don't think THIS is what he had in mind...

I saw a little window pop up on my computer and instead of shooing it away like the nasty bug it was, I looked and listened and got caught in its trap. So, I spent the rest of the day yesterday, HOURS, saving data away from my infected computer, so I could clean it up. I think I fumigated the little bugger, but I'm still living in some fear around here. Did I catch EVERY one of its little files? (By the way, the little guy is called "XP Antivirus 2008")

Is someone peeking over my shoulder at every online transaction I make? ARG! Actually, instead of living more fully, I'm living more fearfully. And instead of living more dangerously, I'm living more cautiously.

Well, it's okay for me to be a little more cautious about what I'm doing on the computer, but I want to be fully engaged in real life. I want to know what is happening in countries I've never even heard of. I want to have an active prayer life, which can take me around the globe in minutes. I want to have a heart that is aware of the needs people have.

I want to be fully engaged. How about you?

2 comments:

Cal said...

You are right on the mark there. We all need to live on the edge and step out in faith. There is so much to see and do for the Lord. But we don't need to be foolish. We need to be sober and thoughtful as we explore and take god's hand and go.
Cal

Mel's World said...

Can I stand up on the chair and scream it loud enough so that you would hear me all the way from Ft. Lauderdale...YES!!! I want to, and strive to, live my life FULLY ENGAGED! (Passionately Purposeful!)