Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hello Siberia

School is closed. Not because we got a bucketload of snow or because of an ice storm. But because it is so cold you could freeze your nose off just standing outside waiting for the bus to come.

-38

Now that's cold, people (even if it is a wind chill factor).


So, I don't know whether to whoop and holler - I mean, it is an excuse to stay home in our pjs all day watching movies, reading books, coloring, etc. - or to moan and groan. Because it is not a snow day, everyone, and the kids will not be playing in the snow making snow men and snow angels (because personally, I prefer that my kids keep their noses and all). They'll be cooped up inside all day long and my house will become a Barbie haven.

Or a popcorn pit (complete with candy stuck all over the floor).

Or a fun house complete with tunnels, wacky mirrors and bouncing walls. And the running and screaming, jumping and tackling will not end until the ride is over. I might need my Pepto today and my Advil and well, unfortunately there's no prescription for stir crazy.

Don't worry about me. I have a working heater (hallelujah!), coffee, praise music and three adorable faces to keep me sane this morning. And once I get out from under the piles of Barbies and popcorn, I'm sure this is going to be a wonderful sunshiny day.

5 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Hey Heather, I'll have to listen to that Chris Rice song, it sounds like something I would love! I like his music! My kids and are are just home from my sisters. I will be starting a fire, and snuggling the rest of the day! Enjoy your insides. Have fun whatever you guys do!

Linda said...

Heather, thanks for the positive comment about She Speaks at 2nd cup! It's good to hear from someone who has been there that it is valuable. And I'm in Indiana--it's cold here too!

Susan said...

Oh my, I've never been anywhere that is that cold!

Hope you survived today!

Keep staying warm.

Denise said...

Praying for your family to stay warm, love you.

Tami Boesiger said...

You make me smile, Heather. I hear ya, girl. I hope you not only survived it, but enjoyed it.