Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Carnival of Beauty - Self-Control
I will be hosting the Carnival of Beauty this week and the topic Self-Control. In this season of overeating, overshopping and overdoing it, we might benefit from a little meditation on this gift of the Spirit.
What is the purpose of the Carnival of Beauty?
1. Encourage women by reflecting the beauty of Christ in our writing.
2. Meet women online who cherish the beauty of Christ that we might not have met otherwise.
Who can participate?Any Christian woman can participate as long as she falls under these guidelines:
Is in personal agreement with the following statement: I believe in the Godhead of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Holy Bible. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God and my only means for the forgiveness of my sins and my salvation. My salvation is found in no one but Jesus Christ. Is not a Mormon, Jehovah’s Witness, or Seventh Day Adventist.
Does not promote the emergent conversation/movement on her blog.
Does not promote theological distinctives in her Carnival post so as to refrain from controversial debate.
Would you like to participate this week? If so, here are the instructions:
Send an email to carnival.of.beauty(AT)gmail(DOT)com with the following information:
1. Your first name
2. The name of your blog with the link
3. The name of your piece with the link
4. A brief one or two sentence description of your piece that will be in the listing of the Carnival submissions.
5. Send your submission on or before Thursday by midnight.
To learn more about the Carnival of Beauty, check here.
Posted by Heather@Mommymonk